A group of people supporting the life and community of St John's Cathedral.
Message from the Chairman
As the name implies, the Ambassadors are messengers. Our role is to spread the word about our great cathedral, to share its architectural significance as a focus for the arts and heritage - to link with other kindred organisations to encourage inter-faith alliances and to make this cathedral a vibrant and accessible place - a place of community and, importantly, a welcoming place.
During 2011 we were able to reach further into the wider Brisbane
community. This was particularly notable during the Winter Art Festival when a large group attended the opening night, after which the wonderful sculptures by Terry Summers were enjoyed by many more during the month of the exhibition.
The events in 2012 promise even stronger links. We invite you to encourage others to participate in the broader life of the cathedral and to appreciate this unique and magnificent building.
- Membership for 2012 is due January 2012.
- Annual Fee is set at each AGM.
Current membership fees
$35 per person per year.
2 adults at the same address: $60 per couple per year.
- Invitations to Ambassadors events
- Discount to Ambassadors events
- Notice of all cathedral happenings
- Posted copy of the cathedral publication, The Eagle.
Who can be a member of the Ambassadors?
Any person who is willing to pay the annual membership and support the stated AIMS:
- Contribute to the community life of St John's Cathedral
- Build a community of people supporting the building and associated life of St John's Cathedral.
- Encourage financial support for all cathedral fundraising.
- Support relationships between St John's Cathedral and other City organisations.
- Promote activities which extend St John's Cathedral to outside communities, being aware of the great architectural and heritage position held by this cathedral in the City & Nation.
All Ambassadors events are held in St John’s Cathedral.
Funds raised at functions in 2011 will benefit renewal of our dated hanging system and associated lighting for cathedral art exhibitions.
To book Ambassadors events, please contact The Cathedral Events Manager:
email: or phone: (07) 3835 2231.
Quarterly roundup for members
(To be advised.)
Justice Susan Kiefel
The Dean, Dr Peter Catt, Ex-officio
Mr Dan O'Connor, Chairman
Other Committee Members
- Mr Brendan Christou, Treasurer
- Mr Gordon Dean, Secretary
- Ms Robin Teale-Gosper
- Dr Helen Lancaster
- Ms Andrea Barrett
- Mr Andrew Fleming
Ph: (07) 3835 2222